The Reuse Conference and Expo is a bi-annual event held by the Reuse Alliance*, a national nonprofit working to increase awareness of reuse by educating the public about the social, environmental and economic benefits of reuse.
Here are five reasons why I believe you should attend, follow (#ReuseConex), share and promote this worthwhile event.
- This conference is the only one of its kind in the United States. The 3-day event highlights the triple bottom line of ReUse
- Networking: learn from and share best practices with leaders in the ReUse industry
- Over 40 expert panel discussions plus an Expo open to the Public on Saturday, Oct. 20th
- It’s affordable. Conex attracts more active ReUse advocates working hard to make a difference in the industry.
- I’ll be there (Lorenz Schilling) – My presentation is “Common Barriers to Diversion Achievement Through ReUse”. We will explore the opportunities for achieving waste diversion that are often times overlooked; identify common barriers; and discuss why recycling should not be the first, or only, solution.
We need to work together to secure continued life for reusable items in order to reduce waste. This forum is a great place to begin the conversations that will create change and it’s important to continue to share and collaborate with each other.
* Full disclosure: Lorenz Schilling is a member of the board of directors for Reuse Alliance.